Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Black orchid

Every Wednesday, i have a horse riding lesson.
So in every Wednesday, the post will be about this.
Today, i was late because i did my homework at school first.
I was supposed to be at my horse riding place at 4 PM, but i went there at 4, so I arrived at 5.
There, I changed into my riding pants, borrowed the helmet, and i met my coach.
He was riding a horse, and I assumed that it was the horse I'm going to ride.
But there was something diffrent about it. it's not Hernandia, the horse i used to ride EVERY LESSON.
The horse was much shorter and blacker.
When i asked my coach, he said that this was Black Orchid. I'm not gonna ride Hernandia today.
So, climbed on the horse, start walking and start bonding with the horse.
Then, my coach asked me to trot, so i kicked the horse and start trotting.
my first impression about this horse is:
  • Active
  • fast
So, when I rode the horse and i'm passing the gate, the horse stopped.
I thought, woah! why did she stopped? i didn't pull the reigns!
So my coach said that sometimes she thinks that when she passes the gate, we are going out (a.k.a lesson over). so she stopped, then I started trotting again.
After a while, my coach asked me to do canter. I was a bit scared and a 'I have a bad feeling about this' feeling.
But anyways, I started to push my inside leg, bring my outside leg backwards, and wanted to canter, but the horse didn't obey my command! i just bumped to my saddle over and over and i tell you, after that, my butt hurts...
Then, my coach gave me a whip, and the 'best' part is that i have to hold it with my right hand!
Oh wait... I'll tell you something about me first, i'm 1/4 left handed. in the whipping case, i'm left handed.
Anyway, Black orchid did canter, but in a scary way!
When she started, it's like she jumped for a bit without any obstacles and then started cantering fast!
(To my close friends, it happened again: Horrific insident of terror)
I panicked and i almost fell... (he-he... silly me...)
(15 minutes later)
i got a little hang of black orchid, but i still feel more comfortable with hernandia, but Black orchid is more active than Hernandia.
So, i decided do give Black orchid a chance, and i'm riding her in the next lesson, so...
See the next Equestrian topic blog!!!



No comments: