Friday, November 30, 2007

Guess what? I got the hang of it!!!

As you guys now, I went to my horse riding lesson on Thursday.
I rode Black orchid again, and I thought, oh man! I'm gonna fall if this keeps up!
But then, when I rode her, i feel that I can control her more than last time. I can make her to trot easily now, rather than last time. At the first session, my coach asks me to do raising trot. the horse trot, but when the horse is trotting, we have to stand up, and then sit again, just follow the Rhythm and you'll get it. So, in the second session, my coach asks me to do sitting trot. It's like raising trot, but the difference now, we have to sit and go with the flow of the horse. Our butt hurts at the first try, but when you already did it for a couple of times, it doesn't hurt as much as the first one. In the second session, I was feeling uncomfortable because i knew the third session will start, and i know that the third session is cantering. cantering is when the horse runs, and we have to sit back, go with the flow, follow the rhythm, and control the horse. I haven't got over the last incident, so i thought, oh well... If i fall, it's my own fault. So, when i was just about to relax, my coach is starting the third session!
He ask me to canter, but i fail a lot of times. but i'm not giving up. Black orchid's not the boss of me! i can make her canter anytime i want! After he fourth time I fail, my coach asks me to walk and he says to start cantering when she is walking. Say what? It thought. Start cantering when the horse is walking? Woah, did i heard rught? But anyways, i will do anything to make her canter, so I started positioning my feet for the canter, hold the reigns, kick Black Orchid's belly with my inside leg, and what'd you know! She really did canter!
I found that she is much easier to control when she's cantering to the right.
I;m not used to it, because Hernandia is easier to control when she's cantering to the left, so now, i got a totally diffrent horse. And after all, Black Orchid is 10 years old, 2 years younger than hernandia, so i've got to be used to Black orchid's fast canter.
After a while, my coach asks me to stop cantering and do sitting trot.
He introduce 2 dressage moves to me:
  • Broken line 1 loop
  • serpent time (i think it's tine or time, I forgot)
From the two of them, i think the hardest one is serpent time (or tine), because it's hard to control and it's hard to make turns. Broken line 1 loop is much easier.
So, today, i leraned many things about horse riding:
  • Black Orchid has serious left canter issue
  • I learned how to do broken line 1 loop
  • I learned how to do seroent time (or tine)
  • I learned about counter canter
  • from what I remember that's it
So, tune in next time for more horse riding lessons with me!
Bubye!

1 comment:

diandra said...

Bilaa...
Hwehehe.. Black orchird susah ya canternya..
Tadi mau bilang apa ya?
Ohya! How do u know we have 'sessions' in our lesson sih? hehehe.. My coach just tell me to do things and if he finds what I sucked in, he would tell me to repeat it again and again until I get frustrated at it. hehe..

Ohya.. I correct something..
It's serpentine,
serpent: snake, get it?